sorry, after-school specials, kate hudson rom-coms and teachers of the world : we always judge a book by it's cover. the two of us have distinct taste when we walk into a barnes & noble [or flip through apple books]. jannah goes for the neon backgrounds, pop art photographs and playful fonts. savera's opinion carries a bit more clout [being a casual book model and all]. she sticks to the ones with a south asian vibe. throw a diety on the binding or an ancient chant on the dust jacket and she's in. let the paperback prizefight begin.
1. the phantom tollbooth by norton juster
2. the electric kool-aid acid test by tom wolfe
3. persepolis by marjane satrapi
4. the girl with the dragon tattoo by stieg larsson
5. hippie by barry miles
6. the douche journals by fox